The hits keep on coming for Kabam Games. After losing Spirit Lords, Kabam announced today that Star Wars Uprising will close November 17th, 2016.
The move comes as a shock to the dedicated players who spent hours inside the new cannonized section of the Star Wars universe. At the time of its launch in 2015, Kabam made a big push to make Star Wars Uprising a "fair" Free-To-Play title which was ultimately its downfall. A game that does anything it can to comfort non-spenders will convince players who would normally pay to, well, not do so. Kabam just couldn't figure out the correct balance that has made Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes so successful for EA.
As stated above, this isn't the only worrying news to come from Kabam in recent weeks. Their entire business will now be centered on Marvel Conquest of Champions and Fast and Furious; Legacy; both free to play titles as well.
In our 2015 review of Star Wars Uprising, we found the game to be lacking in depth, but a fun ride for a few hours. Its sad that a title that had so much potential is being shuttered after just under a year of activity.
On the official forums, Kabam detailed a list of changes for players to enjoy "the final days" in Star Wars Uprising. You can see the changelog below. Are you going to get out there and have one last spin in the Star Wars RPG? Let us know in the comments.
In light of the final days of Star Wars: Uprising, I would like to announce some changes we are making in game in order to make the end of your journey as enjoyable as possible.
These changes will be made on Monday, 9/25.
- The Requisition Scrip Crane will contain 3 star gear
- There will no longer be any Freedom Rating loss
- Imperial battles will grant Freedom Rating
- Start Nodes will grant 30 Raid Passes a day
- Normal nodes will have an increased chance to trigger bonus nodes
- Bonus Nodes will have a significantly increased chance to drop Vanity Gear and Armor Fragments on Master Difficulty
- Bonus Nodes will drop Event Crystals
- The Seeker's Trunk and above will guarantee at least a disruption Grenade Rank 1 (with an increasing chance at higer ranks in bigger boxes.)
- The Seeker's Trunk and above will guarantee 1 pece of Noble Gear. Bigger boxes have higer rarity gear.
- Assault, Daily Credit, Daily Opportunity, Cartel Opportunity, and Lando missions will have their XP, Credits, and number of drops doubled.
Daily Login Rewards:
- You will receive assorted improved goods in the Login Calendar to help with the final days.