This game is a prelude to the upcoming movie Star Trek Into Darkness.
Starting this review off. Let me say that I am a big fan of Star Trek. From the Original Series in the 60s to the newest movie in 2009. I've always been a fan of Star Trek so it hurts me to write a bad review about a series I've always enjoyed. But it doesn't help when you have companies that can't take a great franchise like Star Trek and create a pile of poo that we call a video game.
I am going to do this review differently than my normal reviews because this game has so many glitches that it is basically almost unplayable in parts.
So here is my list of Positives and Negatives.
- - All of the Original Star Trek Crew did their voice covers impressively well
- - The music was actually pretty awesome in areas.
- - Pre-Rendered Game Cinematics are actually pretty well done.
- - The gameplay fights get repetitive overtime with barely any new equipment overtime. Just a drag on of fights.
- - Ingame Cinematics are poorly created.
- - no spectate mode for coop partners who try to join midgame.
- - The loading screen DING will stick into your head after seeing the Loading Screen so often.
- - We've had character models floating around the area. Characters also getting stuck on walls, unable to move.
- - Weapons randomly disappearing between cutscenes and loading screens. Sometimes also with no tricorder.
- - The AI is nothing but atrocious. Constantly running in place and into walls.
- - Mouth movement on the characters during ingame cinematics was poorly done as well. sometimes you can see a V shape from their mouth which is really bad.
- - Some Dialog said by characters was pointless to the story or the game environment. Actually made me want to stop and ask... why did he say that? That doesn't sound logical.
- - Coop: I could not join my buddy after the first few days the game was released due to a patch needed to fix it.
- - Coop: After we were finally able to play, there were extensive issues with Lag in certain areas of the game. Specifically the Space Rocket Flying Areas. We would hit objects that weren't there.
- - Coop: We had an issue, specifically with Chapter 8-2, where we couldn't join each others game no matter what we did to try to fix it.
- - Coop: Game Invitations sometimes didn't work at all.
- - A countless number of game/character glitches that we couldn't fit all of them into this one review.
- - The ending seemed to end abruptly with no closure. Until after the credits. Extending into the movie's beginning