Page 1 of 1

Geeketiquette

Streamer

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but what does streaming mean to you guys and gals? What is your goal for streaming? Is it to eventually get a partnership? Is it just to pass time? How has streaming impacted your life if at all? When the shoe is on the other foot, what makes you go back to watch a particular streamer?

Obviously if the second to last question is a bit too personal you don't have to say. But I was just curious/interested in what different people think about streaming.

I'll start off with back in March time 2013, I was watching Yogcast Martin Littlewood (he sometimes did videos with another YouTuber that I watched, Dan Nerdcubed) And saw on twitter that they were streaming "live on twitch.tv". At the time I was starting to record videos for YouTube as I had the inspiration to become a let's player/YouTuber like Nerdcubed. So I thought I would check it out. Never heard of it before and I was frankly quite impressed. So I did a little more investigating while still not quite understanding what it was and what you had to do in order to stream. It was all completely new to me and the concept seemed awesome. So, I decided to look at some games that were being streamed and went into one for Amnesia:TDD and I had signed up so I could chat. I eventually plucked up the courage to say hi (yes, I am actually a shy person) and when I got a response back from the caster I was pretty much sold to the idea of live streaming instead of YouTube, or a little of both but mainly live stream. I was hooked from that point on. Like quite literally addicted for a while. I followed one streamer and he used to stream during the day while I worked. I become a regular and started to do layouts for the old Twitch channel layout etc. I then and still am (although he rarely streams anymore) a moderator. I felt so privalidged and that made me hooked even more. As a regular I made new friends, one of which is the reason I'm where I am today. But that's another story...

Coming up to a year now of being on Twitch and I've never looked back. I enjoy the banter, I love playing games as I always have done and have met so many awesome people along the way. And on a personal note, it has helped me a lot with things like depression, social anxiety and lack of self-confidence. Although it's not really my aim but of course I would like a partnership at some point. I have always wanted the video game industry I could work in. But I'm not gonna be down in the dumps if that never happens. I enjoy myself too much and would play the same way even if I had 2 viewers and no followers (not that I don't appreciate or love my viewers!). I sometimes think that hobbies and work should never mix, because then the hobby becomes a chore/job. A partnership would be hard work of course, but I think this hobby can outweigh the chore side just enough to make it still enjoyable.

I think we all have reasons and possibly personal ones similar to that which we can all probably relate to in one way or another. Which is one of the many reasons why -this- is an awesome community to be a part of. We're all in the same boat so let's drink rum and partay on this mofo!

So, what's your story?

Geeketiquette

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison

Innocentpeach

Senshudo TV Staff

I stream so I can chat to my viewers and make friends! I have little interest in the twitch partnership to be honest but it's a great feeling to have people talking to you in your stream and seeing them coming back stream after stream.

Callum - Senshudo TV Content Producer

Geeketiquette

Streamer

I know exactly what you mean. Like I won't lie if I was offered one then I probably would take it but that's not what I'm aiming for :)

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison

I don't really stream at the moment, and i haven't for a while, however the only reason I ever bothered to is because it felt as though if I was streaming a game I would be more likely to finish a game, rather than play a game for an hour and never play it again.

I've been Neopets free for 10 years now.

DemonDHarris

Streamer

I don't stream, but viewing streams IS my life, maybe now it's even more so than gaming itself (yah, that much :P), I probably spend more time watching people livestream than anything else, I don't what exactly it is, I know it's mostly the interaction and chat experience but there's something else special about it, it's hard to explain I suppose.

I really ideally want to get into streaming myself, it seems like so much fun but I can never seem to get myself started.

Page 1 of 1